At the Eurogamer Expo 2012, Hideo Kojima showed some Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes footage, as well as providing some new info. Here are the new things we learned:
- ‘Here’s to You’ was playing again, so apparently legal issues over the copyright have been settled
- They had to make a lot of visual comprises to be able to create an open world, but not in the lighting
- The day and night cycle will be a 24 hour cycle
- You can return to your base at any time using the helicopter. The helicopter can get shot down though
- After you board your helicopter, you travel in real time
- You can walk around your base, and design it, maybe possible from your smartphone. Designing your base is optional, and will not be required
- Gameplay is stealth, but with more options. You will still be awarded for using stealth, but how you infiltrate the base is up to you
- The story unravels as you go through the game’s mission structure
- The hub system consists of smaller open worlds within a larger universe.
- Peace Walker’s Research & Design element may also return in this game
- ‘It’s hard to compare to anything else out there’
Kojima also stated he would like to pass the baton, and have the series continue for another 25 years.